I have just started reading Paper Towns by John
Green. I have not ever finished the first chapter yet, so I do not know a lot
about the book yet. But so far, it is about a high school boy named Quentin who
lives in a suburban community in Florida. He lives next door to a girl named
Margo Roth Spieglman. So far, it has portrayed Quentin and Margo as two people
who used to be best friends when they were younger, but grew apart. However, I
think that Quentin used to be in love with Margo, but still is, even if he does
not admit it to himself. I think that they have a history, and they have been
through a lot together. I think that Quentin acknowledges their connection and
history, but sees it more than Margo was, because they don’t really talk
anymore.
I predict that later in the book, a drastic change will
happen that forces Quentin and Margo to get closer, and lead to a more romantic
relationship. They will probably have rough patches in their relationship, but
will always be there for each other. I think this because it is a typical theme
in many of John Green’s books. I have read two other books by him, The Fault
In Our Stars and Looking For Alaska. In both of these books, I have
noticed themes that are about two close friends who fall in love, but they
usually have tragic endings. However, in each of these books, despite the fact
that they follow similar themes, each story is very unique and riveting. And
probably, this book will follow the same idea.
It is an amazing thing for an author to write so many books,
especially when they are about similar themes, and have them each be so good
and special in their own way. One thing that John Green does so well is capture
the voice of the main character to help transport the reader to be more
empathetic with them and make the book seem more relevant. John Green also uses
a variety of details, and does a fantastic job combining description and
dialogue to allow the reader to be able to envision the scene more clearly and
keep the reader hooked. He also does a good job with transformations between different
parts of the story, and building up for the climax. This helps keep the reader
hooked because it makes the story more exciting.
All in all, I am excited to finish this book because I know
that John Green is a fantastic author. I am interested in seeing how Quentin
and Margo’s relationship will work out.
Great Post! I think it's really sad when friends grow apart and don't really talk anymore, but it happens all the time, so I wonder if this is how it will be when people go to high school. I like how you explained your prediction about what will happen in the book. Again, great post!
ReplyDelete